Competition


Comparing and competing with the crowd will just add one more to the crowd….


Well didn’t I wish to be different? Different from the crowd?
Yes, I did, and yet I can see myself following the footprints laid in front of me…
Developing a bit of jealousy is what alerted me. Otherwise how else would I even know where I was heading to.
Yes, they all (biologists and historians) said it right, monkeys and us humans share a common ancestor.
It is quite ironical that we often treat copying as a Monkey trait and not that of a human (even though we see humans more often than monkeys).
Coz as much as I have observed, all of the human race has evolved just by copying or as we sophistically call it “Learning” from elders. In fact, we are better at copying / “Learning” than monkeys that is why we are more developed and hence achieved the “Social Animal” tag as well.
But extra of anything is dangerous, holds true for copying as well!!!
We are so indulged into copying, we often compete in copying and end up copying the competitor who is just above us, henceforth often deviate from the main goal.
So I realized I was trying to copy all others whom I consider successful, and followed their footprints obviously with the hope of getting everything they got in their way. But little did I know that one’s way of walking, pace and step gap might be different than someone else’s and so would be the results…
Still waiting for getting that first Apple tree that they used to talk about…
Can’t see it yet, but the hunger and faith in their techniques assures me from time to time that it is somewhere near, might be just around the corner…
So, I am checking each and every turn I see on my way.
Don’t have a genie who can dive deep and pull me up if I give up and start to drown, so can’t afford to give up yet. So I will keep moving… Exhausted and hungrier than ever!!!

Comments

Popular Posts